Immigration has remained an essential part of US law, policy and jurisprudence. For centuries, it has been a key player in America’s history and cultural growth. As the world continues to shrink through technological and communication advances, immigration will remain one of the most complicated issues we face within this nation.
Our company recognizes and encourages a passion for education, which is why we offer the Davis & Associates Scholarship to students who have a recent heritage of immigration to the US, students who are immigrants themselves, or who have an aspiration to focus their career on the impact of immigration on society in the US.
We offer two $500 scholarships each academic year. One goes to a student who has been accepted into, or is enrolled in, an accredited College or University in the US. The other is given to a student who has been accepted into or is enrolled in an accredited law school in the US .
Applicants must submit the following by June 1st of the application year:
- A completed Davis & Associates Scholarship Application Form
- Proof of legal residency in the United States (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, unexpired and valid I-94, etc.)
- An acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or law school within the United States
- High School transcript or Bachelor's degree and transcripts from an accredited college, with minimum unweighted and cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Up to a two (2) page typed (double spaced) essay explaining your interest in US immigration law or connection to life as an immigrant in the US, and how that enthusiasm or passion influences your choices about your education.
- The Davis & Associates Scholarships are to be used entirely for college, undergraduate or law school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $500 will be made payable to the award recipient's school to cover those expenses.
- Recipient is expected to fulfill any tax regulations on their own.
Scholarship applications can be mailed to: Garry Davis & Associates PO Box 794284 Dallas, TX 75379 or emailed in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.